In both land-based (brick-and-mortar) establishments and online casinos, classic roulette is one of the most sought-after games in the industry. The virtual versions of roulette save us the time and effort of commuting to a live game, but everyone must do their research on where they decide to play in online casinos UK. Roulette rules are easy to figure out, but the casino’s themselves are not. Above, I have looked at the top roulette casinos and inspected, rated, and organized them for your convenience in a list.
How Do I Choose Roulette Casino?
Many special factors play into whether a roulette casino is good or not. I personally check each website and score them based on a rubric of my own design. The criteria cover security, game selection, availability of software, casino’s licence, perks and loyalty programs, payment options, etc. I should consider all these items in order to give my final rating. However, I suggest you do your own personal info research to determine what roulette casino is best for you.
1. Pay Attention to Security and Reputation
Trust only sites that are reputable. There is no use in getting caught up in a casino that does not enable and protect its customers. Fortunately, this endeavor need not be a game of chance if you take a few precautions. Firstly, be sure to check if the website is licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. If it is, this licensing means that the total random aspect of the casino is completely fair, and you don’t have to worry about fraudsters rigging the system.
Other associations are also responsible for checking the authenticity of these games including: eCogra, iTech Labs, Responsible Gaming Trust, etc. Approval seals by these institutions generally mean that they are safe to play on in the United States, Canada, Europe, Russia, New Zealand, etc. Being licensed and regulated is mandatory (no exceptions!).
Are transaction times taking too long for someone’s liking? Are their payouts not seeming straight? People on forums and review sites will relay their experiences without any hesitation, so be sure to utilize that free information. Be sure to sow the seeds of your safety by doing this kind of research beforehand.
2. Check Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Casino bonuses are the best way to earn money, especially as someone who’s just registered. Most casinos will chip in a first-time signup bonus, where they will match your first deposit by a certain amount. Other common promotions are no deposit bonuses, where you can earn a small amount of cash for free when you sign up, refer-a-friend specials, and ongoing deposit matches.
While these offerings are fantastic, keep in mind that many bonuses are not compatible with roulette game types specifically. This is common because roulette is not the riskiest game to be playing. Regardless, casino promotions like this and other examples like free spins and promos for craps and poker go hand-in-hand with a great online casino.
Cashable Roulette Rewards
1. Live Casino Bonus: Live dealers. Live wheels. Live bonuses. What could be better? Operators of these games call you to play by providing bonuses directly for live games such as roulette. These are game-specific as opposed to your first deposit bonus, so you can scratch that itch several times. Spin to win!
2. First Deposit Bonus: When you make your minimum initial deposit at most casinos, they will give you this great offer. It usually comes with a cap. For example, the casino may match 100% of your deposit up to $500. Others may offer an extra percent match up a greater amount, so keep your eyes peeled for these roulette casino bonuses.
3. No Deposit Bonus: Some people want something for nothing. Well, here it is! Simply sign up at a qualifying casino and you can claim a small amount of free cash that the casino will cover. Though the “free” part does come with the usual catch—you need to meet the wagering requirements first. This bonus is best paired with a small initial deposit to ensure you can meet that requirement.
4. Roulette Progressive Jackpots. While these offerings don’t stack up to their slot counterparts, you can win more than 100x on your bet. Every progressive is different, but they stack up over time as people play the associate games. The roulette wheel typically has a bonus symbol. If the ball lands on it, you will be taken to a bonus round where you could win jackpots.
”Sticky” Bonuses are those which you cannot keep. While that may sound odd, you can use this money to win money that you can withdraw. Let’s check them out below.
1. “Phantom” Bonus: This is the most common type that can be found at casinos around the web, including those with Microgaming, Playtech, or NetEnt technology. Let’s say you earned a $200 bonus of this type on your deposit of $600. You can wager up to $800 total, but you can never withdraw that $200 bonus. Essentially, you don’t need to cough up your loss of that $200, which is nice.
2. Reload Bonus: The reload bonus is a special bonus applied when you make any deposit after your first at qualifying casinos, so it’s basically the opposite of a first-time bonus. This bonus can be “non-sticky”, and it usually is, but some operators will give you a good deal on the phantom variety, which means you’ll be able to wager with your bonus, just not withdraw the original amount.
3. Registration Bonus: Much like the no deposit bonus, the Free Play bonus gets you a small amount of cash with the casino to play with. No forms involved. If you lose it, you lose it. If you win, you can cash out what you make. This is preferable for some because there is no initial deposit involved, and therefore less risk.
What is a Wagering Requirement?
Bonuses aren’t given out for free. The casino needs to make sure they can comp what they’re giving you. For a bonus to be claimed, you’ll need to wager, or play through, a certain amount before you can claim your bonus.
That playthrough requirement might be in reality as low as 20x what you originally wagered, or as much as 50x. The games you play and the options you select will have an impact on this, so be sure to check the fine print on the website or promotion.
3. Search for Reliable Software Platform
Much like a street retailer isn’t making products themselves, a casino does not create a piece of the software they offer to a gambler. Therefore, it is most important to search for developers (much like a brand) that you trust. The casino is merely the go-between that sells these games. When you open a game in a web browser, that involves seeing the manufacturer’s logo.
But which marked ones should you trust? That depends on several factors, but many of the big names in gaming are spread across the web and are on most online casinos. In terms of roulette, the giants of the industry possess a near limitless array of options to choose from that are safe, reliable and fun.
4. Browse Selection of Roulette Casino Games
Variety is the spice of the best online casinos. With the entire world at your fingertips, online casinos offer best-in-class casino games wherever you are. So, you’ll want to pick the site with your favorite games. Most of the top roulette casinos will have 12+ roulette games to choose from, and not just the standard versions, either. My best advice is to try a bunch, then settle down at your most-liked site.
Classic roulette—a game that’s been played for hundreds of years. The wheel itself has gone through numerous changes over time, but watching that ball spin has always been exhilarating. People love the classic roulette game because of its simplicity. You can bet a color and double-or-nothing instantly. No range, no fancy gimmicks.
Alternatively, you can get riskier by betting rows or numbers. But for those that like a twist, there are several cosmetic and localized changes that differentiate each roulette game. When playing online, you’ll want to know what the difference is in American Roulette, European Roulette, and French Roulette. Before you know it, you’ll be a roulette pro. Let’s start to check out some common variants of the classic game.
- The green double zeros slot
- Double casino advantage / lower RTP
- 5.26% house edge
- 38 numbered slots
- 35:1 on single number
- Single green zero slot
- 2.7% house edge
- 37 numbers on wheel
- Classic number sequence
- 35:1 on single number
- Same numbered slots as European
- La Partage rule: receive half money on bet back if ball lands on 0.
- En Prison rule: leave bet in place for next spin if ball lands on 0.
- Greater RTP with house edge at 1.35%
- 35:1 on single number
Modern Online Game Types
Technology has improved the gaming experience, especially in the last decade. Gambling on the go has never been easier to contact with access to mobile gaming, and these games have massive features to boot. Quick, exciting graphics from game developers give you the dopamine rush you’ve been wanting.
Moreover, the live roulette offerings in some casinos aim to replicate your classic downtown casino vibe. Playing the pocket-size roulette is great, but the variety keeps you coming back. Roulette American games today are ever the more popular with online gaming, as more people are introduced to the subject from the comfort of their own homes.
But it’s more than just exposure—there are so many new and exciting offerings to enjoy that include: video roulette, 3D roulette, mini roulette, multi-wheel roulette, etc. Let’s explore these additional options below. You should check them out. I know I’ve been into the action lately!
- Classic European Wheel
- La Partage rule in effect (which boosts your RTP)
- Fancy camera views of the wheel and ball
- Turbo option to speed up game
- Sleek interface with all available betting options
- Typical inside/outside bets, European wheel
- Red/Black splits on separate racetrack available
- Amazing, top-tier visuals and sound design
- Single-screen focused and hardware intensive (slowdowns may occur)
- Glorious, animated 3D wheel
- Great for beginners
- Only 12 numbers
- Fewer betting options
- Lowest payouts, greatest odds of 11:1
- 96.15% RTP
- Modern, updated look and design
- Intuitive user interface design
- Wager on the fate of up to 8 wheels simultaneously
- Huge win potential with 8x effective bets
- Real video of actual roulette wheel during spins
5. Check Available Payment Methods and Support
Payment methods availability is critical to playing your casino game of choice. What good is your chosen platform if you cannot deposit quickly? While most online roulette games offer the banking transfer option, the time for ACH transactions can vary substantially, in some cases taking longer, even up to 2 weeks. This is why alternative methods are popular.
Paying with credit card or three eWallets such as Neteller, Skrill or PayPal are common ways to avoid the lengthy wait times. Cryptocurrency, too, is usually accepted in the gambling sphere. Whatever your preferred method is, look at reviews and support for it to make sure you’re headed in the right direction.
6. Verify Mobile Compatibility
Remember when people used to game on the family computer? That history is behind us. In 2019, everyone has a phone or tablet with the processing power necessary to download and run gaming applications. Whether your devices are Windows, Android, or Apple powered, there is a developer out there that has created a roulette wheel for you.
These mobile wheels come with some great perks like user-friendly interfaces and the ability to play on your terms: wherever and whenever you want. The downside to mobile games is that they can suck up your battery quickly and can be susceptible to Internet disconnection, which can be a big problem if you are betting a pretty penny.
Still, on-the-go roulette is a top priority for all casinos, and most will have some sort of compatibility for people’s pockets. The mobile audience is larger, so it’s to everyone’s benefit that these games are offered so widely.
- Game anywhere, anytime
- Unique, mobile-exclusive offers
- Dedicate software development teams
- Easy to learn
- Battery life issues
- Less powerful graphics
- Less quantity of games to choose from
7. Look at Live Dealer Version
Live dealer games are the future of casino gaming. Roulette wheels at these tables are unique because you get to see and interact with a real person. The dealer can talk to you, spin the wheel, make suggestions, give live feedback on the outcome, and hype up the game for that winning number.
For those of us that enjoy the thrill, glitz and jazz of a real casino, these live versions have everything from bright colors, flashing lights, sexy dealers, and exciting music to get you in the mood for roulette. You can place bets with real money on where the ball will land in these games, so be prepared!
The most practical part of this offering is that you can play roulette from the comfort of your pajamas. It’s a more intimate experience, but at the same time you can socialize with other players via the chat link or tell the dealer what a great job he/she is doing. It’s the quintessential combination of brick-and-mortar casinos and online convenience. You’ve got glamour and fun without the traffic and annoying tourists.
The only disappointing thing about live roulette is the performance. Considering it’s a live feed, you need a good, stable internet connection to play consistently. You could easily lose your seat if you disconnect for a moment. The graphical fidelity is up to par, but lag may also be an issue on older computers.
How Can You Choose the Right Roulette Casino?
There’s no secret method to choosing the right casino. As someone who delves into the background of casinos frequently, I can tell you that due diligence is key. There are countless options. The following is the best advice I can give to find the best roulette casino for you.
1. Check Casinos Personally.
Healthy skepticism is a good thing to have. We aren’t going to pretend that the online gambling industry hasn’t seen its share of bad eggs and scammers. The best thing you can do is to go to click the casino’s website and check out what they have to offer. First, see what ratings they have with gaming commissions around the world. Ask yourself if they are reputable. Then, go over what your priorities are in a casino. Maybe your top concern is having the specific French Roulette game for you. Great. Once you’ve confirmed their legitimacy and software, see what other perks they have. Are their bonuses good? Can you take advantage of certain promotions they are offering? Whatever you do, ask yourself a lot of questions that will lead you to the right answers before sitting down at the roulette table as a player. That’s how you know you’ve won.
2. Read Casinos’ Reviews
I might be a bit biased here, but read reviews of the casinos you are looking at. I provide the most up-to-date facts and information on casinos across the web. I frequently update these guides with bonuses and RTP percentages, review loyalty programs, developers, software providers, and dig into what makes online casinos tick. You can trust level-headed reviewers like me to give you the inside scoop.
Complete package offerings like mine may take time to digest, but they can save you a lot of frustration in the long run. Reviews are provided to make wonderful readers like you aware of the do’s and don’ts of casino-going. Terms and conditions of the roulette casino will only get you so far. And remember: there’s only one person that can make apply that knowledge: you.
3. Read Players Feedback
Similar to what I just said, make sure you’re getting feedback from other players as well. Someone has gone through the effort to post their thoughts about a roulette casino provider. Maybe it was good feedback. More often than not, the feedback is a complaint regarding service.
If the casino has poor customer service, bad games, slow loading speeds, withdrawal issues, or anything else wrong, then these players won’t be reserved about it. They don’t want to see you go through the same experience they did, after all. While you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the Internet, most users are truthful about what they understand to be the truth.
What Are the Odds in Roulette?
Roulette is designed for the house to beat you, like all operated table games. The odds vary based on where player places the bet, and the payout depends on where the ball hits. The best odds of winning are by placing a red or black bet at just under 50% win rate of 48.65%. From there, the odds go down. There’s a 32.43% chance of winning on a 12-line, and just over 16% chance of a win on a 6-line. The odds can go as low as 2.7% for the ball to land on a single number.
Roulette Betting Systems – Do they really work?
Betting systems are a great supplemental tool to your game. They can help you formulate a winning strategy for your bankroll. However, no betting system is foolproof. All it takes is to get unlucky a few times with the ball before you hit rock bottom. Take these betting systems with a pinch of salt. If you want to stick to a rather safe system, try a positive progression one that focusses on increasing bets as wins rack up.
What Is the Best Way to Bet on Roulette?
This is highly subjective. Do you like to win huge as a high roller, but succeed less often? Bet on a single number. Do you like to win often, but less big? Choose red/black. The possibilities, including split bets, are endless. There’s no best pattern to bet or optimal roulette strategy and you need to let the chips fall. Do whatever makes you the happiest, as long as you practice responsible gaming fun!